The planning process – planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting, presents a formidable challenge to many companies regardless of size or industry. Planning is a crucial component of performance management that contributes greatly to a company’s overall success or failure. Despite its importance, planning and especially the annual budget process, is often seen as burdensome and time-consuming.
Leading companies take advantage of new technologies and employ well-established planning and forecasting best practices. When they do so, they are quickly rewarded with more accurate plans, more timely re-forecasts and more effective decision-making. Overall, these tools and practices save time, reduce errors, promote collaboration and foster a disciplined financial management culture that delivers true competitive advantage, often accompanied by a leading or stable market position.
Bistech’s 3 day NO COST FPM Headstart Readiness Assessment clearly defines the path to improving your current planning process. Aimed at organisations seeking to implement a new planning system or those wishing to refine their existing process, this service provides an opportunity to gain direction and clarity on the next steps towards an implementation of our FPM Headstart solution using best practise planning methods and approaches.
• Work with key stakeholders to assess the objectives, business drivers and expectations for implementing a new or improved planning system
• Gain an understanding of the existing planning process taking into consideration planning cycles, stakeholder involvement, source systems, business rules and calculations
• Identify key tasks relating to the preparation and implementation of a successful planning solution
Upon completion of our Readiness Assessment, a comprehensive FPM Headstart Implementation Roadmap will be provided, detailing findings and key recommendations that will highlight how a successful implementation can be achieved.
• Minimise wasted effort by staying on the critical path through professional guidance from experienced Bistech consultants
• Understand Bistech’s proven approach to implementing successful planning solutions
• Reduce unexpected surprises during project implementation by identifying pre-requisites and hidden traps up front
How to deliver the insights your business demands – A guide for SME Finance teams.